عام مروجہ ۔ عامہ ۔ کل ۔ معمولی ۔ مجموعی ۔
(1) - General (a.) The public; the people; the vulgar.
(2) - General (a.) The chief of an order of monks, or of all the houses or congregations under the same rule.
(3) - General (a.) The roll of the drum which calls the troops together; as, to beat the general.
(4) - General (a.) One of the chief military officers of a government or country; the commander of an army, of a body of men not less than a brigade. In European armies, the highest military rank next below field marshal.
(5) - General (a.) The whole; the total; that which comprehends or relates to all, or the chief part; -- opposed to particular.
(6) - General (a.) Usual; common, on most occasions; as, his general habit or method.
(7) - General (a.) As a whole; in gross; for the most part.
(8) - General (a.) Having a relation to all; common to the whole; as, Adam, our general sire.
(9) - General (a.) Common to many, or the greatest number; widely spread; prevalent; extensive, though not universal; as, a general opinion; a general custom.
(10) - General (a.) Not restrained or limited to a precise import; not specific; vague; indefinite; lax in signification; as, a loose and general expression.
(11) - General (a.) Comprehending many species or individuals; not special or particular; including all particulars; as, a general inference or conclusion.
(12) - General (a.) Relating to a genus or kind; pertaining to a whole class or order; as, a general law of animal or vegetable economy.