English to Urdu Dictionary
بازو ۔ دست ۔
English to English Dictionary
(1) - Arm (n.) Fig.: Power; might; strength; support; as, the secular arm; the arm of the law.
(2) - Arm (n.) Anything resembling an arm
(3) - Arm (n.) The fore limb of an animal, as of a bear.
(4) - Arm (n.) A limb, or locomotive or prehensile organ, of an invertebrate animal.
(5) - Arm (n.) A branch of a tree.
(6) - Arm (n.) A slender part of an instrument or machine, projecting from a trunk, axis, or fulcrum; as, the arm of a steelyard.
(7) - Arm (n.) The end of a yard; also, the part of an anchor which ends in the fluke.
(8) - Arm (n.) The limb of the human body which extends from the shoulder to the hand; also, the corresponding limb of a monkey.
(9) - Arm (n.) A support for the elbow, at the side of a chair, the end of a sofa, etc.
(10) - Arm (v. i.) To provide one's self with arms, weapons, or means of attack or resistance; to take arms.
(11) - Arm (n.) A branch of the military service; as, the cavalry arm was made efficient.
(12) - Arm (n.) A weapon of offense or defense; an instrument of warfare; -- commonly in the pl.
(13) - Arm (v. t.) To take by the arm; to take up in one's arms.
(14) - Arm (v. t.) To furnish with arms or limbs.
(15) - Arm (v. t.) To furnish or equip with weapons of offense or defense; as, to arm soldiers; to arm the country.
(16) - Arm (v. t.) To cover or furnish with a plate, or with whatever will add strength, force, security, or efficiency; as, to arm the hit of a sword; to arm a hook in angling.
(17) - Arm (v. t.) Fig.: To furnish with means of defense; to prepare for resistance; to fortify, in a moral sense.
(18) - Arm (n.) An inlet of water from the sea.