English to Urdu Dictionary
در ۔ دروازہ ۔ پھاٹک ۔ راستہ ۔ راہ ۔ لاحقہ ۔
English to English Dictionary
(1) - Gate (n.) Manner; gait.
(2) - Gate (n.) A way; a path; a road; a street (as in Highgate).
(3) - Gate (v. t.) To punish by requiring to be within the gates at an earlier hour than usual.
(4) - Gate (v. t.) To supply with a gate.
(5) - Gate (n.) The waste piece of metal cast in the opening; a sprue or sullage piece.
(6) - Gate (n.) The channel or opening through which metal is poured into the mold; the ingate.
(7) - Gate (n.) In a lock tumbler, the opening for the stump of the bolt to pass through or into.
(8) - Gate (n.) The places which command the entrances or access; hence, place of vantage; power; might.
(9) - Gate (n.) A door, valve, or other device, for stopping the passage of water through a dam, lock, pipe, etc.
(10) - Gate (n.) An opening for passage in any inclosing wall, fence, or barrier; or the suspended framework which closes or opens a passage. Also, figuratively, a means or way of entrance or of exit.
(11) - Gate (n.) A large door or passageway in the wall of a city, of an inclosed field or place, or of a grand edifice, etc.; also, the movable structure of timber, metal, etc., by which the passage can be closed.