English to Urdu Dictionary
رہنما ۔ رہبر ۔ پیش رو ۔ راستہ دکھانے والا ۔ قیادت کرنے والا ۔
English to English Dictionary
(1) - Guide (v. t.) A noncommissioned officer or soldier placed on the directiug flank of each subdivision of a column of troops, or at the end of a line, to mark the pivots, formations, marches, and alignments in tactics.
(2) - Guide (v. t.) A strip or device to direct the compositor's eye to the line of copy he is setting.
(3) - Guide (v. t.) A grooved director for a probe or knife.
(4) - Guide (v. t.) A blade or channel for directing the flow of water to the wheel buckets.
(5) - Guide (v. t.) Any contrivance, especially one having a directing edge, surface, or channel, for giving direction to the motion of anything, as water, an instrument, or part of a machine, or for directing the hand or eye, as of an operator
(6) - Guide (v. t.) One who, or that which, directs another in his conduct or course of lifo; a director; a regulator.
(7) - Guide (v. t.) A person who leads or directs another in his way or course, as in a strange land; one who exhibits points of interest to strangers; a conductor; also, that which guides; a guidebook.
(8) - Guide (v. t.) To regulate and manage; to direct; to order; to superintend the training or education of; to instruct and influence intellectually or morally; to train.
(9) - Guide (v. t.) To lead or direct in a way; to conduct in a course or path; to pilot; as, to guide a traveler.
(10) - Guide (n.) The leather strap by which the shield of a knight was slung across the shoulder, or across the neck and shoulder.